Weddings in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park 

The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited national park in the United States. Come enjoy the scenery and get out into nature. You can hike the trails, fish in the streams, or go horseback riding. With a special permit, you can even get married in the Park, such as by a waterfall or in one of the historical old churches.

Weddings and other special events such as church services require a Special Use Permit from the park and must follow specific guidelines. All vendor and service providers must hold a Commercial Use Authorization (CUA).

Completed applications for Special Use Permits for weddings and other special events, along with a non-refundable $50 application fee, must be received by the park no less than 14 days prior to the start of the event. Please download the cover letter, guidelines, and application files below.

Wedding Application and other Documents:

Information from the Park 

For more information about Special Use Permits or to determine if your activity requires one, please call ( 828) 497-1930 or email the park with the subject line “Attn: Special Use Permits.”

The Appalachian Clubhouse and Spence Cabin, rustic, historic buildings located in the heart of the park, are available for day-use rental for receptions and special events.

SMWA Vendors with the permits to work in the National Park Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) can be found here

Great Smoky Mountains Association is a nonprofit cooperating association supporting Great Smoky Mountains National Park since 1953. GSMA depends on the generous support of our individual and business members to fulfill our mission to support the scientific, historical and interpretive activities of GSMNP by providing educational products and services to park visitors.

Location: Smoky Mountains